Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I just had a second key initialised on my a6 and the airbag

Customer Question

Hi, I just had a second key initialised on my a6 and the airbag sign on the dashboard has been on since - the time / date settings definitely got messed up with the key thing, is this what caused the airbag sign to come on too?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to continue waiting please, Fiona
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.The ABS Warning light being on is indicating a fault within the ABS pump, control unit or sensors. There is no reason programming a key would cause the ABS Light to come on but sometimes glitches can happen, sometimes when programming or using a diagnostic system various control units may drop communications with other control units such as the ABS unit, this may be a coincidence or a glitch has caused the ABS fault but I suspect unless this was a coincidence and a physical fault has occurred that a simple re-set is required.Unfortunately this is not something you can do your self unless you have access to a diagnostic system to reset the ABS unit. Most good garages will do this for around £40. During this procedure the fault codes will be read which will pinpoint the cause of the light. It may be worth talking to the garage that programmed the key if this happened as a direct result of their work, they should at least check it for you. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.