JagLandyFord
JagLandyFord, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Audi Technician
33615967

I've got this come up on my screen when u was driving could

Customer Question

Hi I've got this come up on my screen when u was driving could you tell me what it means. A orange circle
Category: Audi
Expert:  JagLandyFord replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, There are a number of Orange warning lamps of this shape.Generally an 'Orange' Warning lamp means - ok to drive for a short distance - preferably to the nearest Repair Garage for further diagnosis.A 'Red' Warning lamp means - stop the vehicle as soon is safely convenient - inspect, repair, or get the vehicle recovered in to a garage for repair. The Orange lamps in the shape of a circle could be:Orange circle - with an exclamation mark in the centre = Automatic Gearbox concernOrange circle - but with two broken half circles - (like Brackets) either side = Worn brake pads There are other possibilities - but they usually have another symbol or letter in the middle of the circle.In each case - the advice is the same - take it to your nearest garage for further investigation /inspection to ensure the vehicle can remain safe for road use. I hope this helps.If there are further symbols or letters relative to the circle - then if you can detail this further - I can advise further on this.Best Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks it's the orange circle with 2 broken circles. The brake pads have booked into have them done
Yep - that sounds like you are on the button.The two half circles - represent brake linings / pads.So for this symbol to be illuminated - it is advising you that the pads have reached the wear indicator - to notify you they are getting low and close to the minimum thickness. I am confident this will be confirmed when the vehicle reaches the garage for inspection.You will need a new wear sensor fitted with the new brake pads though. Best regards