Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

A4 2.0 tdi 2005 engine will not turn over.battery ok starter

a4 2.0 tdi 2005 engine will not turn over.battery ok starter ok.tried moving engine via flywheel can only move 5mm approx either way
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello OK if the engine has fully locked up then either the cam belt has jumped a tooth ( or broken ) or the engine has ingested something If this is definitely a BKD variant then it already has the more robust oil pump drive and no balance shafts so that problem area on the previous generation versions has been addressed I'd start by popping the cam belt cover off and if that all looks OK ( timing marks line up) then I'd rent or borrow a bore scope to have a peer inside the engine through the glow plug holes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you