Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Traction control and esp comes on car goes in to safe mode,

Customer Question

Traction control and esp comes on car goes in to safe mode, had gauge see to it, throttle body code came up. Had it sent away for testing nothing special all good.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello With Traction / ABS systems 99% of the time its a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors and I'd first check the connections at all four corners first for any signs of corrosion or chafed wiring.The sensor is located in the wheel hub so you'll have to remove each wheel in turn to inspect them all.Also check that the toothed wheel that the sensor points to is clean and free of any debris.you can check each sensor's function by plugging the two output wires into an AC voltmeter and spinning the wheel quite quickly, you should get a voltage signal that increases with rev's. Its possible that the fault is only a bad connection to one of the wheel sensors.This may be remedied by removing each wheel in turn and unplugging each sensor and cleaning the contacts with a squirt of electrical contact cleaner. Then refitting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Glad to helpBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer using the star buttons