Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Need to find out a radio code A6, 2002. Can you h

Customer Question

Need to find out a radio code for Audi A6, 2002. Can you help?
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Serial number for radio: AUZ5Z4B5096888.
VIN #: WAUZZZ4B42N105169
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 7 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I can wait for another 2 days
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello once you have a serial number then call Audi’s customer assistance to speak with a Audi Customer CARE Advocate.Telephone: 0800 699 888(Open Monday to Sunday 8am to 8pm, closed on bank holidays)E-mail:***@******.***. If you tell them your Vehicle ID number and the radio serial number they will ask you some questions to verify the vehicle is registered to you and then they should provide you with the code for FREE. This typically takes a couple of days. It is illegal for anyone to access the radio code through the Audi data base without verifying the customer, vehicle, and radio serial numbers. If someone were to provide that service for you here online, they would be risking their employment as well as legal ramifications. I realize this is an inconvenience, but it is the main security system that keeps thieves from breaking into your vehicle and stealing the radio its also worth trying the last 4 digits of the serial number as often this is the security code and sometimes the code is on a sticker in the spare wheel well in the trunk as to how to get it out of SAFEPress the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display.Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code. Use Preset buttons 1 to 4 to enter the four-digit code number . Preset button 1 corresponds to the first digit, Preset button 2 corresponds to the second digit, etc. Each press of the button increments the number by 1. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.The radio should unlock and be usable shortly afterwards. If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears, first flashing and then continuously. You can repeat the above steps to unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the display. If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be locked for about one hour. After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, the you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again. The cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies.