Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I'm not sure what suspension is on my 03 a4 3.0 quattro

Customer Question

I'm not sure what suspension is on my 03 a4 3.0 quattro sport. It has black shocks and yellow springs. I have a broken rear spring and need to know right part to order
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

on this vehicle it would be typical to have the sports or 'S-line' suspension fitted but its not a given

There is a sticker with all the build-codes in the compartment that houses the spare tire. It is on the lower RH side of the body Typically the designations are 1BA for standard suspension and 1BE for 'sport'

however black shocks usually mean the standard suspension so the springs should match that

and I'd strongly suggest to have a 4 wheel alignment done after fitting new springs ( they should be replaced in pairs)

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you