Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an Audi TT it's making a horrible rumbling noise from

I have an Audi TT it's making a horrible rumbling noise from the passenger side front when turning right it only does it under acceleration I have changed drive shaft and bearing but it still there any ideas
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi shantal no still need an answer if possibleThank youMark
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

when you say you've changed the drive shaft and the bearing does this include the CV joint at either end of the driveshaft?

If it doesn't then I'd consider replacing those next - usually they only give trouble if the rubber boot is ripped and so they lose their grease so inspect for that and replace as required

If this is OK I'd also check the state of the mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years