Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2004, a8 audi 3ltr TDI reg p321pjp.can it be remap.

Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

depending on what power level / engine spec you have then it may or may not be remappable

for example this firm ( whom I trust)

http://www.revotechnik.com/products-for-vehicle/audi/a8&engineid=51

only show a map available for the 232 PS engine

also there is a huge variety in quality and content between different mapping firms

some I'm sorry to say will leave you with a very poor quality and possibly dangerous engine map

can you tell me the name of the firm you're using ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The firm I used was.
So. Far I have found that it was using two names the first email sent on 15/07/2016.
***@******.***. (I know see this site has been took of Google)
But the advert I responded to went as
MI-TEC electronics Ltd . Franklin point Sweden Rd.. flat 6 Franklin
Northampton. Northamptonshire. NN5 5BE. Phone No 07407 723428.
I live at land End,Cornwall.in advert it said it has just opened a new branch in Cornwall.and was the best in the West.
The man who is doing it is called David.and lives at Truro Cornwall and is phone number 07407 723428? That does not seem write to me. I still have not got my ecu unit back.the Audi a8 3ltr TDI,is this a good car
on average.l think I have been done by this man if he comes back and put it back in what would you do about using the car as I use it for private hire taxi work. I am very worried and upset about this what can I do
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

apologies about the delay in replying

I'd say that the firm is having difficulty flashing your ECU and hence hasn't been in touch

I'd keep trying to contact the Mi-tec firm so you can get the ECU back, the normal level of service with this sort of thing is the mobile tech comes to you or you visit their firm and they remove the unit, flash it and refit it

it only takes 20 mins at most to flash it - providing they have a calibration and it gives them no difficulties

a good rule of thumb for this sort of thing is does the firm have before and after power curves? as if it works then it should be able to be measured on a rolling road