Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Recently after a trip back from Leeds to Newcastle, my glow

Customer Question

Recently after a trip back from Leeds to Newcastle, my glow plug light began flashing shortly followed by the engine management light.
I've had the car to two garages the first came back with " an electric water pump" problem and possibly an issue with an actuator on the turbo????
The second said it was the turbo boost sensor and and that it was an easy fix so I've had that done, there is an imporovenent in the way the car drives but I still have both warning lights on and they say they can find no further problems.
There been no loss of power or Going into limp mode the car is an Audi A4 s Line170 on 09 plate.
Any input would be appreciated
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can't find any further problems
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi shantal, I have not found my answer yet, I'm assuming I'll receive a full refund of my 13 pounds as the service hasn't exactly been what i was hopeing
Scott
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Hello Scott

if you have a check engine light then by far the best route is to have the car plugged into a scan tool and retrieve the fault code?

if either of your two garages have done this can you provide the code?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Matt I'm returning to first garage later today I'll get the codes then
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

understood

just get back to me on this post

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you