Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Will a 2.0 engine replace a a3 1.9 tdi is the wireing loom

Will a 2.0 engine replace a a3 1.9 tdi is the wireing loom the same and the gearbox cheers
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It a audi a3 1900 tdi with 5 speed gearbox the engine put conrod throw block And the code is bxe.looking at putting 2.0 tdi in places of 1.9 tdi will wire loom be same and gear box fit 2.0 tdi if you know of engine what code is it and will it fit straight in place with out modified thank.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it 57 reg sportback model
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to now if it will fit thank you and what need doing to make it work thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

sorry to say that the 2.0 ltr and 1.9 units are not interchangable as the ECU and wiring is quite different , also the engine blocks are different too

your most trouble free installation will be a direct replacement of the unit that you have I'm afraid

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years