Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an Audi A3 2.0 TDI SE 2006. It sometimes struggles to

I have an Audi A3 2.0 TDI SE 2006. It sometimes struggles to change gear from 2 to 3 and from 3 to 4. it takes the revs up to 4000 sometimes slightly higher before the gears change.
Please can you help ?
Mick
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

hello

if this is the multitronic transmission then its well worth replacing the fluid with fresh as this often helps

make sure you use the correct oil for your car as the fluids are not all the same. Some manufacturers recommended a change of the type of fluid - Speak to the local dealer and parts dept - they will advise you on the updated fluid to use..

and if the milage is over 60K then this unit does have a history of malfunctioning I'm afraid as they don't last as long as they should

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you