Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2003 audi a3 fsI ... I've been having constant non

Hi there, I have a 2003 audi a3 fsI ... I've been having constant non starting problems and had to be towed a few times including tonight! My local garage have now said that they can't work out what's wrong with it anymore... the last time it conked out it was the camshaft position sensor ... this was replaced and cleared on the EMS ... the same fault code has now come up again and won't clear... does anyone have any ideas please?
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I forgot to say that there is also a knox (?) Sensor fault code that won't clear and my garage says will cost alot of money to sort out. Because of the age of the vehicle not really willing to pay lots of money to get it sorted...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

for a car to be not starting then a prime culprit is the crank position sensor

this can sometimes flag up a code for cam position on some readers so I'd next replace that

and also check carefully the condition of the engine bay wiring loom for any damage or corroded connections