Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2009 Q5 and want to play music from my i phone - i

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Q5 and want to play music from my i phone - i have bought a https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DNXOGM8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
AMI cable but still cannot get it to connect - not sure what settings to use - car set up media radio etc and there is nothing in my handbook
please can you help
many thanks Chrissie
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 month ago.

Hi Chrissie,

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. You should have an AMI listed as a source on the car radio.

​Could you let me know all the sources you have available on the car radio.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No on the radio it just gives the choices Waveband memory sound and tuning and none of these refers to a source waveband gives 3 choices FM MW LW memory just shows stations I'm listening to sound is just treble base etc etc and tuning is just for any station selected so long answer for no