Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Yesterday I mounted a kerb ( carefully) with the car sitting

Customer Question

Yesterday I mounted a kerb ( carefully) with the car sitting with nearside on the kerb and the other on the road, so it was at a bit of an angle and got a yellow gearbox malfunction light, but it said it was ok to continue driving.... I switched the ignition off,done what I intended and started it again 10 minutes later and the warning was gone.
About a week earlier I was reversing on a slight incline and it was a bit hesitant to engage reverse.
I initially thought of transmission level being low ( hoped) and I was wondering if you could shed any light on this for me.
It's an Audi B8 S4 S tropic (2010) with 70k done.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you check the transmission fluid and it is low this indicates a leak and the transmission needs inspected to locate and repair this leak then top off the fluid.But if the fluid level is good then this can be a fault with a component like a shift or pressure control solenoid in the valve body in the transmission or the valve body itself at fault needing replaced.These were common to cause this fault.You would want to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This is the best thing that you can do is have the codes checked to help locate the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete