Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

A mouse has eaten a section of the wiring loom of my car

Customer Question

A mouse has eaten a section of the wiring loom of my car between the windscreen wipers under the bonnet. Can you tell me if I can obtain this section and how easy is it to fit? What is the part number? The car is a 2004 1.6 litre petrol engine Audi A3 reg. no. in UK HJ04 YAG.URGENT please help since I need the car to collect grandchildrenJanet
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 14 days ago.

Hello Janet

it does look Like Audi sell a replacement section

see here

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+s3+sportb+lim+qu/a3/2004-412/9/971-971030/

So its worth trying your local audi dealer to see if they can provide this part

however i would say that its likely to be a special order part only as its not the sort of thing that is replaced very often

If you need a quick repair I'd suggest to contact a local auto electrician whom would be able to make repairs - often at a very reasonable price as it would be a few hours work at most from your description

Expert:  Matt replied 11 days ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you