Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2011 Audi TT Quattro. When the first set of tyres

I have a 2011 Audi TT Quattro. When the first set of tyres were replaced the metal valves were replaced with rubber.
I need to reinstate metal valves
Question: Where can I purchase these valves & are they special for tyre pressure monitoring?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Robert replied 24 days ago.

Hi..there..

Metal tyre valves on these cars are part of a sensor which is stuck to the inside of the rim..each rim will have one..this sends information to the TPMS module so that it can alert you to the current tyre pressure on the dash or when a tyre seems to be loosing air or needs adjusted..you'll have a yellow tpms warning on the dash...when new tyres are fitted..these dont generally need to be replaced..unless one of the 4 are considered faulty...If you remove all these sensors and replace the valves with rubber standard valves..the TPMS will automatically throw up a warning on the instrument panel as it cant reset after new tyres or an adjustment to pressure has been made...Having said that these sensors arent cheap.you need to aquire them from the main dealer...in my opinion who ever removed these or damaged them whilst removing or installing new tyres are pretty much liable for there replacement..like i say generally these dont get replaced when putting new tyres on..unless the sensor(s) has been deemed faulty.and that can only be verfied on diagnostics or using a special tpms scanner that senses the signal from the tyre rim/sensor itself...Hope this helps

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Many thanks for your info. I have checked the instrument panel, no warning sign present. Is there another method of monitoring the tyre pressure ?
Expert:  Robert replied 24 days ago.

No..audi's of that year still use tpms sensors/valve that attaches to the inner rim...unless the system has been disabled then if there is no current warnings on the instrument panel..then i would leave it at that..

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you for your advice
Regards,
Alan
Expert:  Robert replied 23 days ago.

No problem Alan...glad to help...please dont forget to leave a rating for me..much appreciated..