Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

Dear Sir/MadamI have been appointed joint executor for

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam I have been appointed joint executor for my deceased uncle in Australia. It has been pointed out to me that I could be caught up in a law called jurisdictional absence, whereby the other executor could ask to have me removed. Can I fight this, should I visit Australia to get round the problem. The other executor has been particularly difficult with regard to the way the estate has been distributed, and of course I am keen that the beneficiaries are treated fairly. Can you please advise

Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I apologise for the inconvenience but it has come to our attention that you have asked a question about Australia Law, where JustAnswer.co.uk does not have active professionals.

If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the US version of our site, www.justanswer.com, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the US version of JustAnswer.

You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:

www.justanswer.co.uk/refund/refund.aspx

Please let me know if you need further assistance,