Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  18 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.

requirements for a letter of administration

Customer Question

Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. 

Can you be more specific on the information you are after?

Do you wish yo know what you have to do?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon Terri

I assume you have got the information that is online from the supreme court of WA.

It is not a simple process to explain but I can give you a website that you can buy a pack and they will prepare all the documents for you ready to file.

They charge $1,250.00 to do the work for you all you do is provide them with all the information.

It is a process that requires searches to show if the deceased had children and who they are etc to satisfy the court who the beneficiaries are.

Also the distribution has to be in accordance with the act.

Here is the link to the site.

It is much chapter than having a solicitor to all the work.

Here is the section that applies for the distribution based on who the survivors are

I hope this assists.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but that is no more information than which is easily obtainable on the web so I trust this is not going to cost me $85.

Thanking you,

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening Terri

Are you seeking for someone to prepare the forms for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I was hoping to be able to do it myself on behalf of my mother, the sole beneficiary, who is in a nursing home and joint owner of all assets except one bank account.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening Terri

You may not need letters of administration.

You say you are joint owners? Is there a house? Is it joint tenancy or tenant in common?

All bank accounts etc are in joint names yours and your mothers?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We do need it for the Comm bank to release the money from my fathers account into my mothers. The executors have renounced themselves so we need it with will annexed. The will is already at the probate court.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Evening You are confusing me.

What has the Supreme court issued? Probate?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As the executors have renounced themselves my mother needs Letters of Administration with will annexed and the executors have already forwarded the will to the appropiate court she just needs the Letter.

We're not getting anywhere here so I'd rather not go on thanks.