How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Leon Your Own Question

Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 18917
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

I need a divorce lawyer

Customer Question

I need a divorce lawyer who is based in Australia who can answer few questions for us can you help, and help with the divorce if things get to this this stage

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,

My name is Leon and I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. 

Please let me know how can assist and I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My sister is lebanese national and she is married to a lebanese/Australian man since September last year.

Since marriage he has been treating her badly, controlling her every move, forcing her to do many things that she is not happy to do, she already spoke to social services once through my brother Skype account as he is even controlling her phone.

The problem she is pregnant now.

She wants a divorce and I want to know what is the best way to go forward.

- we want to secure her and the baby's rights from him in Australia and Lebanon.

Can you advice or can you help with that.

Be honest with you I would prefer to go to Australia and take her back to Lebanon to make sure that she is safe.

Also another problem is if we make him divorce her is Australia we want her to be able to be divorced in Lebanon 2.

We somehow do not want anything from him but at the same time we want him to pay for what he has caused to my sister.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening

While she is pregnant the husband cannot do anything.

He cannot stop her leaving the country or leaving him.

Is she strong enough emotionally to leave him and go to lebanon now?

She cannot divorce here unless she has separated from him for 12 months.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply

Because of the way he is treating her and controlling her every move she prefer to leave him now but she is worried about who is going to support her and the baby.

Can you advice or list some options please

And if she leaves him now what are her rights.

It she stays with him what are her rights

With regards to the baby can she keep the baby,

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning

She can make an application for support of the baby once the child is born through the child support agency here in australia

She can do that from Lebanon

She does not have to go to court

When you ask about rights what do you mean? Rights to a property split?

The rights are the same but she has to be in Australia to apply for a property split.

Once the child is born here, she will not be able to leave with the child the court does not look favourable on removing children from another parent.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is your advice

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning

I cannot tell you what to do, that is up to her.

I am sorry.

She has to decide what is best for her and her unborn child.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She decided she wants to come back to Lebanon as she is alone there and she can't live with him, he is threatening her and she is scared from him .( it's a very bad life)

Do you know or recommend any international law firm who can deal with this case ( divorce and her rights) in Lebanon and Australia.

In Australia they live in Tarneit, Victoria.

What do you recommend we do to help her.

I am planning to travel to Australia and bring her back with me.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
She needs an australian lawyer and the law society of Victoria will assist her with a referral

Their website is as follows

Help her to come to lebanon first if thats what she wants to do and get away from him.

What Customers are Saying:

  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H.
< Previous | Next >
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H.
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex

Meet The Experts:

  • José M.

    José M.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Spanish Attorney
< Previous | Next >
  • José M.'s Avatar

    José M.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Spanish Attorney
  • Ely's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with experience in common law, civil law, international family law, and international contracts.
  • Anna's Avatar


    Teacher, writer, biologist

    Satisfied Customers:

    Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
  • pdheslin's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    20+ years of internet site creation and search engine optimization. Dozens of search tools at my disposal.
  • Kim D.'s Avatar

    Kim D.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Researcher 20+yrs in small and large institutions
  • findinganswers's Avatar


    Internet Researcher

    Satisfied Customers:

    Internet Researcher, Nurse for over 17 years, and can find answers for you!