Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

Hi there,I am a British Citizen, currently residing in New

Customer Question

there,
I am a British Citizen, currently residing in New Zealand. I am here by way of a Partnership defacto Work Visa (My partner is from New Zealand). We are looking to move to Australia very soon and I am legible to reside in Australia via 'subclass 461 visa / application New Zealand citizen family relationship (defacto)'. This visa can be applied inside or outside of Australia and my question is: Can I apply visa if I am visiting Australia (with my partner) while I am there on a 'eVisitor (subclass 651) visa' ?
Look forward to your reply,
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
You can apply new visa even if you are on a visitors visa.
As a NZ citizen your partner can apply provided they are going to be given a CSV subclass 444 visa.
Once you both arrive then you can apply subclass 461 Visa as you are the defacto of the NZ citizen.
I hope this makes sense?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Leon