Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

In a telephone call, I have been told by the NSW Australia

In a telephone call, I have been told by the NSW Australia police that a complaint of child abuse has been made against me but that no action is to be taken. They said that the complaint will stay on file and be sent to the UK police and can be brought to court by the complainant or their parents at any time in the future. They also said that unless it goes to court I have no way of responding to this accusation. I have told the NSW police that I completely deny the accusation and they said that this denial would also go on record in Australia and in the UK.
I do not want this untrue accusation hanging over me and my question is, what are my options ?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
If they are going to charge you they have to do it in NSW and then seek an extradition order in the UK to bring you to NSW to have you go before the court.
This is not the usual behaviour they investigate before they tell you anything else.
Did you get the name and serial number of the officer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Leon, Thank you comments. I am aware of what would happen if I was charged.

I do not want you to make contact with the police or anyone else involved. What I need is an answer to my original question; what are my options action to contest/remove the allegation, both in Australia and the UK.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening
You cannot take any action with regards ***** ***** of this without knowing the details of the allegations and to whom they have been made.
This can only be done by contacting the police.
Also unless the police charge you they will not appear on any record.
Without the information you cannot write to anyone to have anything done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Leon. In my first message I said that I had spoken to the police and therefore I know the name of police officer involved and the description of the allegations. I also mentioned that the police said that I was not being charged but that the allegations would remain on file and that I could be charged at any time in the future. You say that unless the police charge me the allegations will not appear on any record. Does this mean that what the police have told me about the alegations staying on file is untrue?

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
They are allegations. There is no proof and therefore they cannot do anything.
If they investigate and find evidence then they will take it further.
The reason I have suggested you chase it up is to confirm what you have been told and to make sure that what you were told is true.
Usually police do not call unless they want to question you because they are investigating you to try and lay charges.
To give you a blanket warning like that is not usual. If they reported you to the UK Police you would have had them contact you to speak to you.
I just find it very strange to just get a phone call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Leon, I need to reflect on our exchange before I come back to you again. I will send you a message tomorrow. Thanks

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
That is ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Leon

Thank you help.

I do not wish to take this conversation further at this time but might want to contact you again in the future so how would I do that?

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
You just look out and ask another question.
I hope it all goes well
You are very welcome and thank you my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Leon