Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

GA-crb My brother lives in Adelaide. And has Parkinsons decease. His

Customer Question

My brother lives in Adelaide. And has Parkinsons decease. His partner has got power of Attorney. Also my son lives in Brisbane. And also has power of attorney. We are concerned that his partner is using my brothers money for her family. Should both powers of attorney have a legal right to know what the other one is spending.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
If she is using the funds for her own benefit and her family she is in breach of the law.
Someone is going to have to apply to have her removed and if your brother has the capacity to do so he can terminate it. If not it has to go to court.
If they are joint Attorneys then they have a right to access the accounts and question them.
But to stop her it has to go to court if your brother does not have the capacity to terminate it.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.
If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Leon
Expert:  Christine-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/australian-law/8yrag-brother-lives-adelaide-parkinsons-decease.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Leon