Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

I am a joint trustee of a deceased estate , my cotrustee intends

i am a joint trustee of a deceased estate , my cotrustee intends to retire and appoint the deceaseds exwife to the position against my concerns . what can i do . thankyou
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.He cannot do that. The court has to approve the change. He has to renounce his position and the court has to accept the new person and make the orders. You can object and ask that you be allowed on your own to continue to act under the will. If they will allows for either of you then you can do it on your own. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand but can this process be undertaken without my knowledge or in secret , as in do I have to be made aware and do I have any say in the matter or I'd it just something that can be granted by the court without my knowledge . ?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningNo it cannot be done without your knowledge. You had to sign an affidavit for you to be appointed with the other trustee and you have to consent to this in court as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so very very much Leon . would you like to send me your details to***@******.*** so I can recommend your services to others .
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning I cant send details it is only through here. You are very welcome and thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon