How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44912
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

I am a divorced father of two . my exwife wants to leave

Customer Question

I am a divorced father of two . my exwife wants to leave town with the children to persue a retationship and i dont want her to do so . what rights do I have here and what is the best way to address this situation . thank you .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-How old are the children and what are the current arrangements for you to see them?-How far away is she planning to move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Australia . they are 12 and 14. Currently there mother is the primary carer I have them every other week normally from Thurs to Monday but can have them as I wish if it works out with school and my work . we do not have any set times and the kids can stay with me whenever it suites our work situation .
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - I will refer it to a colleague who deals with Australian law and opt out.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well seeing as I have paid my money to you people allready I would rather get an answer asap pleaese and so I will wait.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You cannot stop her living her life but if the children are to be taken away and reduce the contact with you, you can seek an order that they not be taken away. The law is interested in the children and them having contact with you. You would make an application to stop her leaving. The children are getting to the point where they can make their own minds up and the court will listen to their wishes. If you have orders at the moment you can seek that they be enforced. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon