Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

I am a wesrern Australian gun license holder and last year

Customer Question

I am a wesrern Australian gun license holder and last year forgot to renew my licence I was fined 450 dollars for this and even though I paid the license (all be it late I am appeently going to be charged for unlawful possesion of a firearm for the three month or so period the guns remained in my possesion after I was informed of my failure to pay lic and the time I paid it . I was able to renews my lic online with no problems when I did renew it therefore am I not being harshly treated here . . and how should I go about clearing myself of this charge . I have not yet been issued a summoned but was informed by an officer one was pending . thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Did you pay the fine?Was the fine issued after you renewed it?