Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

My ex ex partner was driving past my house one night here in

My ex ex partner was driving past my house one night here in UK . she got out and scratched my car with her keys when it was parked on my driveway. It's an old car , I was not that bothered. A neighbour apparently saw this happen and reported it to the police with her car registration She was called in several weeks later ,interviewed and is now being charged with Criminal damage. She has a very important job and this could damage her career. How can we stop this . We are now back together .
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

No this cannot be stopped it is now in the hands of the police. The Police are relying on the evidence from the neighbour identifying her as the person that damaged the car.

She has to plead guilty with an explanation and also show remorse the court can deal with it by showing leniency and not convicting her but she will need a solicitor to represent her.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Leon

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Leon. I misplaced the request into the Australian Law sector and reposted into UK so thanks for your response but need to place this into UK law.
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning.

Thats ok but the law is the same in both countries.