Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years in legal profession, 6 as partner in High St Practice
11292137

Hello I have just been made bankrupt in late March and my

I have just been made bankrupt in late March and my meeting with the OR is next week.
Since then Friends and family have been paying for our Sky TV and a gym membership. They are prepared to carry on. Do I need to declare this to the OR? Is it a problem if they are?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
If in doubt, tell the OR just that and if asked, have some proof of where the money comes from. It shouldnt be a problem.

More?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

are friends and family allowed to pay for anything, like a car or a mortgage or council tax etc?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
They can donate what they like.