Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

Hello I was made bankrupt in April this year. I own two properties

Customer Question

I was made bankrupt in April this year.
I own two properties and pay the council tax on both.
One of the properties has given me exemption council tax until April 2014 and the other has calculated council tax from when I was made bankrupt until the end of the year and I have a bill for almost a year.
These are two different councils but is there a blanket policy - obviously hoping the later is incorrect. Many thanks
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know on what basis do you have an exemption until April 2014?