75100385

DO I HAVE TO ATTEND COURT IF I HAVE SETTLED A CLAIM . THE

Customer Question

DO I HAVE TO ATTEND COURT IF I HAVE SETTLED A CLAIM .
THE HEARING WAS FOR A BANKRUPTCY PETITION ALL SETTLED
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Has the petitioner confirmed in writing the matter is settled and not pursuing the petition please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the solicitors agent has confirmed that they will advise the court accordnigly of settlement but when i checked with the court they said they had no contact with them as yet.

The claimant who i spoke to to day is happy with the full settlement.

The court hearig is scheduled for to morrrow

I would therefore go tomorrow to make sure that the petition is not grated. If you do not it is possible you may be made bankrupt.

Check in the morning with listing and see if they have received word from the solciitor, if not then go to court.

Ideally you need a letter or email from the claimant saying he is happy, normally if solicitors had informed the court then you would not need to attend. But this does not seem like it has been done.

Therefore check tomorrow and if in doubt attend.