Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

Hi, I have had a Form 55 Notice of Seizure issued and a list

Customer Question

Hi, I have had a Form 55 Notice of Seizure issued and a list of goods. Most of the goods on the list including trailers, tractors, a lorry and a car are not my property. I have informed the enforcement officer of this and he has said I must tell the owners and they must claim there goods. The owners have sent the enforcement officer in one case a letter for a trailer stating it as theres. In another instance the owner has sent receipts for his lorry, car and trailer and explained that they are his property and that I only have the use of them. My neighbour owns a tractor that is over 20 years old and just happen ed to be here at the time and has also sent a letter to the enforcement officer but none of these letters or receipts seem to be acceptable to them. Where do I stand, they stand and as they have now effectively claimed these items are they free to remove them?

Just to clarify I am not bankrupt.

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue to find an expert please

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Have you received a notice from the Sheriffs office saying not to move any of the equipment or items listed?

AJ