Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Bankruptcy, liquidations, administrations, pre pack sales, re use of company names and director duties and offences.
13113900

Thank you very much. Your response was very useful. I have

Thank you very much. Your response was very useful.
I have another query.
I am a sole trader of a business. I have 1 employee. I am forced to cease trading as my gas supply has been disconnected and I cannot afford to have it reconnected. I also cannot afford to pay the redundancy costs. But I am thinking she may be able to make a claim through the national insurance fund? Is this correct? (I hate to know that she will be out of pocket because of my misfortunes)
Anyway the business has a few low value assets. Am I allowed to sell any of these assets to raise the costs for filing for bankruptcy? Or will that be seen as acting dishonest?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please. i will continue to wait.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Smile

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

Thank you for requesting me.

Yes she can claim part of the redundancy cost through national insurance. Here are the details https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your-employer-is-insolvent/claiming-money-owed-to-you .

Most of the bankruptcy petition costs are in the deposit which is refundable to the bankruptcy pot. If bankruptcy is in the best interests of your creditors then I cannot see how paying your assets in part towards this would be dishonest. The alternative is you just sit and wait for bankruptcy which would cost your creditors money anyway.

Can I assist any further?

AJ
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Bankruptcy, liquidations, administrations, pre pack sales, re use of company names and director duties and offences.