Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Bankruptcy, liquidations, administrations, pre pack sales, re use of company names and director duties and offences.
13113900

Hello If assets have not been sold before I am dismissed from

Customer Question

If assets have not been sold before I am dismissed from my bankruptcy what happens please? I am due out of my bankruptcy at the end of March
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and thank you for requesting me. The assets will remain part of your estate in bankruptcy and under control of the Official Receiver. Once you are discharged you could try to buy them back off the OR, probably at a very discounted rate. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ

Customer:

I have a third party trying to buy them back at the moment but it is taking for ages and I don't think they will sold before my discharged. Are you saying after I am discharged am I allowed to buy them back myself (obviously I would have to borrow the money).

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you. Yes you can buy them yourself. You can technically buy them back now if you wanted to as long as the money comes form a 3rd party unconnected to your debts, eg a family loan. Kind regards Aj

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

AJ