Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Bankruptcy, liquidations, administrations, pre pack sales, re use of company names and director duties and offences.
13113900

Hello I am out of my bankruptcy next week. I have a few buy

I am out of my bankruptcy next week. I have a few buy to let properties that family and friends where looking to buy the BI. After next week can I buy the BI myself by borrowing the money off family instead of them proceeding with it?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. Once you are discharged from your bankruptcy you are entitled to purchase any beneficial interest in the properties in your name so long as the funds do come from assets that should form part of your bankruptcy estate. If you are going to do this you must make sure that you also have the legal interest transferred back to you as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ

Customer:

Thank you. Do you mean do NOT come from assets that should form part of your bankruptcy estate?

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you. My apologies this is in real time and sometimes there are typos.

Alex J. :

Yes the funds to purchase the BI must not come from your estate in bankruptcy.