Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Bankruptcy, liquidations, administrations, pre pack sales, re use of company names and director duties and offences.
13113900

Hi, have a question if my company becomes bancrupt in uk and

Customer Question

Hi, have a question if my company becomes bancrupt in uk and i get to be liable for that as a director and i orered to pay for banks overdraft ( around £ 20 k) and tax liability ( around 25k ) but i vive now outside uk, can they look for me in other countries or arrest if i cross any other eu border?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Alex J. : Hi thank you for your question and welcome. My name is AJ and I will assist you. This is a civil matter and therefore you won't be arrested unless there is fraud involved. The liquidator will have powers to pursue you abroad if you have any assets abroad. In all likelihood you will only be made liable for the company's debts if you have traded knowing it to be insolvent, given a personal guarantee or committed some act of appropriation of company property.
Alex J. : Can I be of any further assistance?
Alex J. : kind regards AJ