tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 11 years experience in bankruptcy related issues.
73598664

I claimed on PPI in 2009 and was turned down, in 2012 I entered

I claimed on PPI in 2009 and was turned down, in 2012 I entered a IVA, the PPI company have now written to me and said they are going to pay me does this money have to go to the IVA as the claim was before I went into the IVA ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is***** can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Yes, you would still have to pay the proceeds (most likely) into the IVA. It does depend on the terms of the IVA but they usually say that any monies that you get must be paid into the IVA is the supervisor requires it.

Customer:

I have not got immunity on my IVA but thought with the claim being 2009 before I entered would have given me immunity

Customer:

Rhona

tdlawyer :

Not usually, no, although you need to check what the IVA says about money you receive now.

tdlawyer :

Speak with your supervisor, he should be able to advise you about this.

Customer:

Thank You

tdlawyer :

Normally, though, you would have to pay the money in and distribute it to the crediors. It does depend though.