75100385

I have a number of CCJs against my name from a period of turmoil

Customer Question

I have a number of CCJs against my name from a period of turmoil in my life that involved divorce and a failed business and subsequently I didn't dispute them. I have since rebuilt my life and they are now causing me issues with my credit rating which I'm looking to rectify and or repair. I've made no payment against either of the judgments in the period since they were made
The first CCJ dates to December 2011 and is that I was wrongly charged therefore would like to apply to have the CCJ set aside. Will the time from the original CCJ prevent me from doing this or will the court take into account my circumstances at that time?
The second CCJ dates to July 2012 and is debt that I was/am liable for, is it feasible to apply to have the CCJ set aside and then accept the liability and pay the balance in full when the process starts again thus removing the CCJ from my credit file?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
When did you first become aware of the proceedings/CCJ's?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex, I became aware about 6 months ago when I checked my credit rating. Does this have a baring?

Yes. The test is do you have a reasonable defence to the claim. Further the Judge will want to know that you acted promptly
In the White Book (which contains all the Court rules), it says prompt is around 30 days and anything over 30 days is not prompt.
As you waited months this is clearly over 30 days and therefore I think any application will fail
I am sorry but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I had been prompt in my addressing of the situation is my original logic sound?

Yes if you had a defence. But the prompt issue is fatal.
I am sorry.