Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

i have been in contact with you on a number regarding an incorrect

i have been in contact with you on a number regarding an incorrect default placed on
my account by Halifax well after 2 years it seems to have been ruled in my favour at a pre court hearing the judge instructed Halifax to make an offer of settlement within 28 days
which they have ignored where do stand legally as this is the second time they have done this many thanks BA Dermody (tony)
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. Could you kindly confirm whether the judge issued the above instructions in the form of an order or in the form of pre trial directions (instructions to the parties) please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a trial direction to the best of my knowledge is there a big differance

regards ***** *****

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks. My apoogies for the delay in reverting to you owing to the time of day.If the instruction was made as a court order the you could simply return to court to enforce the same however it sounds much more like a direction to me and your above post seems to confirm this. If it is a direction as is very likely then you would need to contact the court to advise that the other party has failed to comply with the courts directions and ask te court to make a further direction, in particular an Unless Order.An Unless order is a powerful device courts can use which provides that unless the directed party complies with a particular direction or set of directions by a specified date then certain defined penalties will apply. These could be that the court will issue summary judgement without a hearing, will refuse to allow certain evidence in trial or a range of other options which are disadvantageous to various degrees to the other party.Generally a failure to comply with an Unless Order will result in adverse consequences for the party failing to comply.I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me.
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice