Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

My elderly mother, disabled, has a significant amount

Customer Question

My elderly mother, disabled, has a significant amount of money in a bank account, the live savings of her and my father. After my father died last year, she changed her bank account to a joint bank account so I could help pay her bills and manage her finances. A month ago, I came off of this joint bank account. At no point did I ever put money into this account.

If I was to become bankrupt within the next 2 years, could the trustee take my mothers money, some of it, harass her in any way?

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

I would really prefer an answer .. so I'd like to wait some more time if that's an option?

Thaks

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says you will continue to look, but it also says closed?

Questions time out after a certain period of time. I have reopened this one.