Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Bankruptcy, liquidations, administrations, pre pack sales, re use of company names and director duties and offences.
13113900

I got 11.000 pounds loan from natwest bank in 2008.the

Customer Question

I borrowed £11,000 personal loan from Natwest bank in 2008. I did my repayment for just a couple of months and then I stopped my repayment. The court sent me a letter to come to the court but I did not turn up. Then the court sent me a letter asking me how much I could pay. I showed some calculation to the court and said that I could pay £5 a month. The court accepted my £5 repayment scheme and granted zero interests on the loan. But after 6 months I stopped paying £5 too. I have never filed any bankruptcy.

I got an Experian Credit report online and my credit score is 729 out of 999. It also says that I have no public record of bankruptcy, county court judgments and IVAs. 

Recently i have applied for credit cards and everywhere accepted me and I have 8 credit cards now.

I just bought a flat under my name using cash (i.e. no mortgage). My question is that is there a possibility that Natwest, court or government find out about my flat? How could they find out? What happens if they find out? Would they take my flat away? Would they ask me to repay the loan? Would I need to pay the interest on the loan too? How can I find out if there is any record of debts under my name?

John

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If you have not received a demand for this money in the last six years then I would not start making an enquiry. Under the Limitation Act 1980 if more than 6 years passes without a demand being made for the money the bank will be statute barred from claiming it.
You can search the county court judgment register here http://www.trustonline.org.uk to find out if there are any Judgments in your name. I would not however recommend making any enquiry with the bank unless you intend to repay the debt.
I have presumed the debt is unsecured.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for getting back to me.

What happens if I am not within the six years limit? Can they take my flat away? Can they come and take their money?

The debt was unsecured because I had nothing in my life on that time.

What is the maximum that they can do?

can they take interest on that 11,000 pounds since 2008?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
They could apply for a charging order over your flat and worst case scenario seek an order for sale over the property.
To be honest banks are not in the business of making people homeless deliberately. If they get the charging order your flat then they will likely then seek to agree a repayment plan with you based on your income an affordability.
Which bank is it?
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its natwest.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
I would be very surprised if they sought an order for sale over your flat.
If they secured their debt with a charge or charging order, they would just seek to reach a repayment plan.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HOW CAN I AVOID THEM FINDING OUT ABOUT MY FLAT?

STILL THEY HAVE A CCJ ON ME SINCE 2008?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
You are the registered proprietor at the Land Registry. You would need to make someone else the legal owner of the property.
Bare in mind if they pursue you, they may not insist on a charging order if you can come up with a suitable repayment plan.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

CAN THEY CHARGE INTEREST SINCE 2008 ON 11.000£?

ALSO IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I FIND OUT ABOUT ME BEING ON THE LAND REGISTRY LIST OR ANYTHING AGAINST MY NAME IN THERE SO THE BANK CAN FIND OUT OR THE BANK GET AN ALARM THAT I HAVE A FALT?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
The Land Registry is a public searchable data base. If you are listed as the legal owner of your flat and they do the search they will find out.
They will be able to charge interest as per the terms and conditions you signed. If you are going negotiate a repayment plan with them, I am sure you will be able to negotiate one settlement figure with them.
You cannot deliberately hide or move your assets to avoid your creditors. It is not possible unless they will find out if they have the means and inclination to investigate you.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HOW OFTEN THEY DO RUN THE SEARCH FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME?

I got an Experian Credit report online and my credit score is 729 out of 999. It also says that I have no public record of bankruptcy, county court judgments and IVAs. SO DOES IT COUNT THAT I AM CLEAR FROM LAND REGISTRY ?

THIS IS THE LAST QUESTION. I AM DONE.

GOD BLESS YOU

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
They will likely only do a search into you if they are actively pursuing you for the debt.
You will be registered at the Land Registry as the legal owner of your flat - this is not affected by your financial status.
AJ
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Bankruptcy, liquidations, administrations, pre pack sales, re use of company names and director duties and offences.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANK YOU.

I JUST PRESSED EXCELLENT FOR YOU, SO YOU GET THE MONEY OR I NEED TO DO SMETHING ELSE?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.
If you have any follow up points please do not hesitate to contact me.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OF COURSE, GOD BLESS YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

CAN I TAKE YOUR NUMBER INCASE I AM IN TROUBLE IN FUTTURE?

MY EMAIIL ADRESS IS :

slimmefast(at)hotmail.com

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
I wish you the best of luck.
AJ