13262538

Following my question from the 19 October 2015, my ex

Customer Question

Following my question from the 19 October 2015, my ex husband is now saying that the bankruptcy solicitors would take everything in his name that myself and the children would be at risk of loosing the house we live in and the 4 x rental properties that
I was awarded in the divorce court order as they are still in his name even though I have been paying the marital home mortgage and the rental property mortgages. He was left with 6 properties here in the Uk and a villa in Spain that has a euro mortgage but
is with Leeds Building Society. Of the 6 Uk properties the one his parents who are in their late seventies, live there and have paid that mortgage themselves since the beginning. Are they also at risk or would the courts look at their situation and mine &
the children? Please advise as I am constantly being contacted by him and it's starting to upset myself and my children. Many Thanks
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstFor clarity - you already have a court order which specifies which properties are "yours" including the house you live in - he no longer has any legal interest in them - is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareYes from my understanding. The only worry is that the mortgages were not able to be transferred to my name because of the costs involved and I assume the title deeds as well. I could send you a copy of the divorce court order if that would help?
Connie
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then all is wellIf he goes Bankrupt the properties are yours - you will just have to keep paying the mortgages!Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well