Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

If an application to set aside a ccj that was issued in

Customer Question

If an application to set aside a ccj that was issued in default due to not receiving claim form is lost at hearing will I get 28 days to pay from hearing date before my credit file is marked or will the original 28 day period still stand from the original issue date ie Friday last wk
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You usually have 28 days to pay from the date on which default judgment was entered. If you are unsuccessful in your application to set aside the time limit does not start again. You only have the original 28 days. If the judgment is settled within 28 days it will be cancelled - any later payment will result in in marked as satisfied.