13262538

My husband has apparently filed . He has also

Customer Question

My husband has apparently filed for bankruptcy. He has also begun divorce proceedings against myself. He owns a property which currently has tenants in. The property has a tracker mortgage of £120 per month, and the rental income is £575 per month.
The tenants are on a rolling contract which they can be given 30 days notice to move out.
I have asked to take over the property and pay the mortgage payments on his behalf. We have two young daughters, one 9 and the other 3. We do not currently have anywhere to live, and we have no family we can live with.
My husband says his solicitor claims because of his impending bankruptcy the property will go back and therefore I cannot live there.
The property is currently in negative equity. He has owned it for 8/9 years. He is an employed police officer who earns £34,500 per year.
Is what I'm being told correct, that the house will be repossessed and I cannot live in it?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No please continue
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but i need some further information first
How far has the divorce reached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It hasn't. I'm yet to receive the petition from his solicitor.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Are you willing to issue your own?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possibly if I need to..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I believe that i have answered this on another thread - but to repeat - I have no doubt that you could have the rental house if you wished!