How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband has apparently filed . He has also

Customer Question

My husband has apparently filed for bankruptcy. He has also begun divorce proceedings against myself. He owns a property which currently has tenants in. The property has a tracker mortgage of £120 per month, and the rental income is £575 per month.
The tenants are on a rolling contract which they can be given 30 days notice to move out.
I have asked to take over the property and pay the mortgage payments on his behalf. We have two young daughters, one 9 and the other 3. We do not currently have anywhere to live, and we have no family we can live with.
My husband says his solicitor claims because of his impending bankruptcy the property will go back and therefore I cannot live there.
The property is currently in negative equity. He has owned it for 8/9 years. He is an employed police officer who earns £34,500 per year.
Is what I'm being told correct, that the house will be repossessed and I cannot live in it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No please continue
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but i need some further information first
How far has the divorce reached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It hasn't. I'm yet to receive the petition from his solicitor.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Are you willing to issue your own?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possibly if I need to..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I believe that i have answered this on another thread - but to repeat - I have no doubt that you could have the rental house if you wished!