13262538

My ex-partner with whom I still share a bank account has

Customer Question

My ex-partner with whom I still share a bank account has just been declared bankrupt. As I don't want to loose this bank account (due to some preferential rates) can I inform bank and request that they remove her from it?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYou will need to negotiate this with the bank - and of course account to the Official Receiver for half of any funds held in the account.The bank do not have to agree to this and there is now ay of forcing them to do soPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareFurther to my previous query, am I allowed to remove my name from the aforementioned bank account? The current balance is nil and I only use it to pay bills.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Closing the bank account should be no problem at all