75100385

I have a debt still outstanding which I contacted you about

Customer Question

I have a debt still outstanding which I contacted you about in early February, which as advised I wrote a letter to the debtor "letter before action". The debtor has now paid a bit more off the debt which now stands at £4,540 and has said in a responding email to me "That is entirely up to you.
I will notify you, and when required, the court, of the disputed amount once I have been through all of the daily records."What is my next course of action as the debt has not been settled in full? I have given the debtor the option last week , to make a full and final settlement offer and have not had a response.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex,I have said that the outstanding claim is £4,540, so I can go through small claims court? What will be the cost going down this route and are there different forms?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Small claim, fast track and multi track. Small claims is most cost effective.Does that clarify?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/