Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

I HAD BUSINESS I CLOSED 9 years ago and I have 4 judgements

Customer Question

I HAD BUSINESS I CLOSED 9 years ago and I have 4 judgements against me from personally guaranteed debt. I don't have money now or ever to pay debt. Can these collectors garnish any small inheritance I may receive and put in bank?
I live in CT. I KNOW THEY COULD STILL HAVE COLLECTORS CONTACT ME BUT AT THIS POINT CAN THEY GARNISH MONEY FROM ME. In CT
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much do you owe please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Approximately 100,000
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am an optometrist had leased some items not returned for various reasons. Too complicated to explain. Now I would like to know, in Ct where I live and practice, if having these judgements against me will still allow collectors to garnish wages? I have severe RA AND
bad marriage and cannot pay money. I need to know if I inherit money, not enough to pay debt could I deposit in account without it being garnished. I opened an LLC so I work independently under tin and no problems with that. But I need surgeries here and there and just will need money to get by. Only need to know after this many years in Ct for personally guaranteed leases that were defaulted on can this unpaid debt allow my wages to be garnished or is there a statute of limitation on this?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Or if I put money in bank of small inheritance could that be taken at this time. I understand collectors can still call me but are they able to garnish inheritance,salary if I chose to work under my SS# ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you read question?

Are you in the UK?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was messaging for now
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is call me a question or I must call

Are you based in the UK?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have paid and haven't received answer in email.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I explained I am in CT IN THE USA SO WHAT HAPPENED? No answer to question
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jaime I don't see any response from you other than do I know how much debt I owe, as to which I responded 100,000.
Then I paid for call still no answer,
I am looking through email under view response. Did you send to***@******.***
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I do apologise but you have posted on JustAnswer.co.uk, and I think you would have a better chance of receiving an answer using our sister site based in the US, JustAnswer.com. There will be a wider range of professionals based in the USA on that site.
You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:
www.justanswer.co.uk/refund/refund.aspx
Alternatively please let me know when you have posted on JustAnswer.com and I can refund the payment on this question for you.
Please let me know if you need further assistance,
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid 52.00 as well as 15.00 and I'd like that refunded to my credit card before I use just Answer in the USA
I have refunded all payments made to JustAnswer.co.uk. I can see you have posted your question on our .com site, and that an Expert has responded.