DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 37 year old female mother of 5 . i had VSG 16

Customer Question

Hi I am a 37 year old female mother of 5 . i had VSG 16 months ago ,lost 100lbs and have bmi of 22 now.Since then I haven't got out of the mush stage . I can't eat any solids what so ever and am sick a lot .
I vomit between 2 and 20 times a day . Sometimes even on fluids. All of a sudden II willproduce more and more saliva and I will feel like I am filling up and I will vomit .
I live on cheese type substances . Creamy softy and around 60 g at a time . Even mashed potato comes up
I also have arthritis and ME.
I TAKE 30mg amitriptyline at night for background pain relief and sleep .
I take 20 g of ppi one in am 1 at night as the reflux is and has been really bad since 1st op.
I also take 30g domperidone,betahistine& thyroxine.recent gastroscopy shows gastritis but nothing else .
9 months wait to see a gastrologist on NHS and I have not a lot of money as I am a widow .always in bed as tatt. Bloods all ok as take sublingual vits.
Wondering what I could try to help ?Kindest thanks
Emx
Category: Bariatrics
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloNot sure what your question isWhat does your surgeon say about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry didn't see reply till now .the bariatric surgeon is in Prague and I am in uk so not a lot of access ,he asked if it was a structure but investigations here showed not .The gastroscopy showed gastritis ,it was not someone specialised in bariatrics though. I have since changed my meds but still no help .The acid is so bad especially at night .could it be the acid stopping me eat anything other than soft cheese ?i saw a nutritionist last week and she suggested I see a bariatric team so am awaiting my go to refer me . I could be waiting up to 18months to even get a response though as its NHS.
Have you ever heard of these problems before and wondering is a bypass would sort it all ?
Kindest thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OKThis is not a bariatric problem if it is reflux.If your BMI is only 22 you do not need bariatric surgery.The problem is reflux.If not amenable to medications, then a surgery called fundoplication might be the solution, which will stop acid when meds to not. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/