Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I currently weight around 532lbs (38stone) I'm 5ft9 and 26

Customer Question

Hi I currently weight around 532lbs (38stone) I'm 5ft9 and 26 years old. I don't think I have any serious medical issues, but my question is, is it safe for me to cut my calories to 2500-3000 calories a day to lose weight. Because working my calorific expenditure out it works out at like 25lbs a month weight loss. Is that safe for someone my size? My blood pressure is generally fine and everything?
Category: Bariatrics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, it is safe for you to cut your calories to 2500 to 3000 calories a day to loose weight

you should work on cutting out carbohydrates, sugars, white flour, sodas, pasta, bread, juices and eating more protein, eggs, fish, chicken, meat, nuts, greek yogurt and fruits and vegetables to help you loose weight.

you should walk for exercise and take deep breaths when you exercise to help improve circulation and build muscle.

muscle will burn more calories than fat.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

would you like to talk by phone?

you have to accept additional phone consult services to talk by phone

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry it seems my PayPal keeps declining. Butni can ask here. That's fine. My question was obviously it is impossible for you too sat and I realise the safe way is 1-2lbs a week. But how quickly with my current size would you say it is possible to lose 10 stone. Because my partner has moved go Canada and I can't fly at my current weight and would like to join her asap. I think losing ten stone would be enough to already travel from the UK to Canada

everyone looses weigh at different rates

There is no legal weight limit for passengers commercial flights but some airlines such as Southwest ask customers who cannot fit into one seat to book two. It says if a passenger cannot lower the armrests on one set they must buy another seat - whatever they weight

so you could buy two seats and fly to Canada

but you still will eventually need to loose the weight.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com