Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

Hi I have a 9yr old, male black headed caique. About a week

Customer Question

Hi I have a 9yr old, male black headed caique. About a week a go I noticed a bulge, towards his bottom. He hasn't had a dna so could possibly be a female. On closer inspection I then noticed that he has a split down his tummy and you can see bright pink. It's not at his vent, so what could it be? He's acting totally normal, eating well etc I do have some pics if u need to see them. Hope u can help. Kindest regards Iona
Category: Bird
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Iona,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, yes I am happy for you to keep looking. I have tried to attach a few photos of it, but it won't allow me to send the message with them. Is there another way I could send them? perhaps by email? I think it would help you a lot more if you can see exactly what I mean. Thank you for taking the time.

Kindest regards

Hello Iona,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I will also get Customer Sevice to email you instructions

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 4 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Hi! A picture would help alot! If you take one and then upload it to flikr.com or similar website then share the photo link here.

Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dr Dan, here are the photos. If you can't view them, please let me know. I hope you can help.

Kindest regards

Iona

http:[email protected]/9299482762/

http:[email protected]/9296713199/

http:[email protected]/9299499834/

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dr Dan, obviously I'm concerned so have been doing my own research. I think it may be a lipomas on the ventral abdomen. He has pellets but mainly a parrot seed mix from the pet store & fruit. Could he be obese? If it is I hope I have caught it in time to change his diet. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards

Iona