Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of pet, wildlife, and zoo avian experience, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My canaries droppings are greyish white and very watery - what

My canaries droppings are greyish white and very watery - what should I be giving them to remedy this?
Category: Bird
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

If your little bird is otherwise normal, meaning it's not fluffed, vomiting, lethargic or refusing to eat then you can try a simple treatment of adding 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 1 gallon of drinking water and provide that is the only water source. If after 2 days of treatment the stools are not changing then a stool test needs to be run at the vet as it's a more significant medical problem and not a simple food or environmental problem.

I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bird Veterinarian
Experience: 12 years of pet, wildlife, and zoo avian experience, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.