Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of pet, wildlife, and zoo avian experience, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

my parrot cant or wont put any pressure on one of his legs

my parrot cant or wont put any pressure on one of his legs wot can i do please and he lets me touch all of his leg.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

If he is this sensitive to the touch then a small break or a dislocated joint is very very possible. There really isn't anything you can do except wait or take him to the vet. A vet can xray the leg and see if it's broken, if so then it can be splinted or surgically pinned, more importantly he can get some needed pain medication. That unfortunately is all you can really do.

Dr. Dan